9.21.2012

Bear Lake

Every year since I can remember, I have been going to Bear Lake with my family toward the end of the summer. It started as a annual family vacation, and then turned into a place to celebrate my older sister, Shanna's birthday. I can't remember how it started, but we go eat Bear Lake Pizza one night during our stay to celebrate her birthday. We spend two full days at the lake playing Ultimate, Bacci, flying kites, building sand castles, wind-boarding, reading books, and of course, playing in the water! As we drive out of town we stop by for a famous Bear Lake raspberry shake before driving out of town.
      Here are some shots from this years trip. I used what I learned in my photography class constantly - and even taught my sister-in-law a new trick or two. It was a blast!

lollies for the ride up


the bathroom doors at The Bear Cave



my bright little sister

bench that folds into a half-picnic table. awesome!

                             Adi Z               bathroom wall - it did make me smile!


i took this about 3 minutes after we got out of the car - they couldn't wait to get in the water!
elijah the giant

jumping waves                                   matching suits


Can you fit a kiddie tube around your waist? Mary can!


best friends at play


sandcastles         and           Bacci ball


let the races begin!


notice a theme going on here....butterflies, perhaps?

i've got wings!

 now, this is a funny story. i was flying the kite behind me
(as you can see by where my left hand is) and all the sudden it flipped around
and got stuck against me! haha

Camera shy?

adi's favorite aunt - tasha!

i think this was Doritos bag number...4?

                           
              andie                        just a little bit cuter!
(this refers to the slight tilt of my head - i learned it from the Hintons)


popcorn shirts for the girls at the lake


nice "do" dallin!

think this is cute?                    what til you see this face!

this is my "little sister" andrea - who is actually taller than i am

and here are the men - we love them

i couldn't get enough of these colors!

team brandon                       vs.                 team dallin


this one's got a morning "do" and loves her pancakes! haha


these are the blocks of ice inside the cave with flashlights shining through them


i spy jared and jessica - can you?

this is the last gas station before you head out of town -
who knew it could be so classical with it's tower, arched windows, and columns!

1 comment:

Lexi Nielson said...

You want to live there. You know it.