5.06.2012

21

Today I turned 21 years old. I'm a Senior at BYU. I finished my last pre-requisites this past semester. I'm halfway done with my Art History and Curatorial Studies Bachelors degree, and I just started my Editing Minor. I recently decided moved to a new apartment with five completely new roommates! I wanted a change of scene, and this summer may be just what I was looking for. :D
       I still working at Jamba Juice on BYU campus. I have been an employee there for three years, starting on four. In less than a year, I went from one of the youngest employees at Jamba, to the oldest. Oldest in the amount of time I have worked at Jamba, not in age. Once again, my manager and fellow employees are fantastic! I have made some of my best friends in college at Jamba. Hey Jamba Jamba! (p.s. Peach Perfection is the best smoothie!) 
       I have now married off three roommates, an FHE son, and the first Elder I wrote is getting married in July! My how the years have flown! The freshmen boys I sent off almost two years ago are on their way home this summer! It has been a fun keeping in touch with them the past two years. I remember how excited they were to open their calls, to go, and then to enter the MTC. They have taught no only the people native to their mission, but also those who read their letters. They've taught me that hard work is the only way to get results. That falling into bed at night is a good feeling, and getting up early in the morning is hard sometimes, but worth it. They taught me to keep smiling, to love the curve balls that are thrown my way, and to see the good side of every situation. They've taught me through their examples and with the amazing spirit they send in their letters. My hope has always been that they would leave boys, and return men. Go Elders!
     I have 5 nieces and 6 nephews. They are the loves of my life! DRUMROLL PLEASE!! Make that 7 nephews! (Little Luke is coming in September!) The 12th Moon grandchild is on his way! Watch out world! Another Moon boy is about to blow your mind!  
       This summer I am interning at the Springville Museum of Art in the Curatorial Department. I love it! At first I wasn't so excited about the Curatorial aspect of it, but it's growing on me. I love my adviser and the other employees and interns at the SMofA! I get to do a little of everything, along with my Curatorial duties.
      While I was still waiting to hear back from the SMofA about the intern position, my brother Nephi called and told me that he had two trucks sitting around for the summer if I wanted to use one. He had one condition: that I agree to be their on-call babysitter. Perfect! It's a purple Toyota pick-up. Need I say more? I have always wanted to drive a truck....but I didn't think it would be a stick-shift. :( Yes. It's manual truck! An  unexpected, but over-due challenge I was terrified to face...yet I have triumphed! I get scared just thinking of getting in that truck...but they say that'll wear off, that I'll be a pro in no time. I'm still a little wary, but it's gone well so far. (I've only killed the engine a few times....)
       Thanks you mother for giving birth to me twenty-one years ago. I love my life! And thank you parents for putting up with me and teaching me how to be respectful, how to work hard, and most of all to love the Lord! I wouldn't be where I am without you two! So, thanks!
      Year 20 was fantastic! Here are some highlights: my brother got married to an Art History Major, booyeah! I got a new nephew last March, number 11! I bought my first SLR Canon camera! I shot my first wedding! I watched three roommates get married to amazing men! I went back to London! I took a watercolor class! I painted completely my first oil painting! I jumped in puddles, laughed, cried, stayed up late, and had a blast! I have even better plans for year 21! Some of them include a study abroad to Italy, a humanitarian trip to South America, Africa, or Nepal, and graduating from college! :D
   

1 comment:

ME Moon said...

hooray for a birthday!!! love you lots--you are a cheerful and amazing person! i'm glad i get to play at being a big sister to you sometimes ;)

(be forewarned: now that you are "legal", i just may or may not drive down to provo, kidnap you, and throw you through the front door of the MTC. ;P )