1.19.2011

i'm not an artist; i'm artistic.

I recently declared myself an Art History and Curatorial Studies Major over Christmas break. When I tell people my major, the usual second and third questions are "and what are you going to do with that?" and then "do you draw at all?". I begin my answer with, "I'm not an artist, but I'm artistic", but I don't know what the future might bring just yet, but I have some dreams. I don't think I would mind teaching Art History, but that's now what I am going to plan on doing right off. I visited Europe (England, France, and Spain) for a brief period of two weeks when I was in high school and I have since dreamt of going back for a longer visit like a Study Abroad, or maybe even living there! Since my family heritage is mostly English, my love and passion for Great Britain has two main boosters. London is also the main place to show not only art pieces from centuries past, but also the newest art trends on the market. It's a thriving place that embraces the trends of todays world, as well as remembering those of the past. I am also a big fan of old things; this could be the reason I have chosen to study the history of art.

No comments: